13 July, 2011

Flower Of The Day: Dahlia


            As a floral lover you’ll notice that certain flowers will start to speak to you, encouraging you to use them in your designs more often. The haughty Dahlia flower has been in my head all week and it’s my Flower Of The Day. Even though the Dahlia isn’t thought of as a typically beautiful flower, it has other attributes. Dahlias are mysterious and noirish, Elizabeth Short known as The Black Dahlia is said to have worn one in her hair, Miranda from Sex In The City (2008) held a bouquet of Dahlias at Carrie’s Wedding, and the song My Dahlia was recorded by The Smashing Pumpkins. Dahlia’s come in almost every color so if an edgier flower isn’t your thing, get some in pink and you’ll see how gentle they can be. 






Visit My Website
Follow me at Flourgal


via bulbblog,sleepydumpling,fineartamerica,youtube,contactmusic)



No comments:

Post a Comment