15 July, 2011

Carly’s Tips: Marshmallow Bouquet




Today at the flower mart while picking up flowers one of my new interns decided to do her first bouquet in a vase. After a careful selection of pink tulips and white and pink roses, she started to encounter a problem with picking the right vase. She had a certain type of vase in mind but was unable to find it. Here are some tips I gave my intern to help her make this yummy marshmallow bouquet!

Tips:

  1. Improvise  - When you can’t find the type of flower or vase you were looking for try finding something in the same color or size. Improving can help you learn.

  1. Prepare – Before you can begin your bouquet you must (especially if roses are involved) use a rose stripper to remove all foliage and thorns. Cutting the stems on an angle and letting them soak in water before you arrange is a good idea.

  1. Enjoy – Like I told my intern just have fun with the flowers, when you’re learning you have to remember to just let yourself learn. Don’t pressure yourself to make the perfect arrangement. 
Visit my Website
Follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment